Manifest Destiny Volume 1

Manifest Destiny, Vol. 1 - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts, Owen Gieni

I have not really been exposed to comics or graphic novels. But I thought I'd take a chance and read this. I got it from Netgalley and it was a arc. Published by Diamond Book Distributors. It comes out today May 27th, 2014. It was only 128 pages or so. It was a quick read. The only annoying thing for me was trying to read it on Adobe Digital Edition. It seemed sluggish every time I tried to page down.

This is a story about Lewis and Clark and what it would be like if they had encountered monsters instead of what the history books tell you. When I first met the plant monsters it made me think of the Walking Dead comics and the zombies there. I was a little confused why there were 2 different set of monsters. The other being these buffalo men monsters. I was trying to figure out why the story had that than it dawned on me that these were the kind of'exotic' creatures that Lewis and Clark were tasked to discovered by President Jefferson. The comic did show that Lewis was keeping a journal of what was going on. They didn't really talk about Sacajawea. But I did enjoy the little they shared in this volume. I do realize there are at least 5 more volumes. I just read the first one as that is what was given to me.

I don't know if I would continue reading this as it was hard to get into this world. But it may very well be because I haven't had a lot of experience in reading this genre.